Wednesday, January 7

New post in a while.

Omg. I haven't been blogging for a really long time... I've now graduated from NIE in May and is currently teaching.

Update on the last post; We did not manage to go to Thailand due to some election riots there. It was actually not as dangerous - the media was actually playing it up + Singaporeans are kiasee. Well, a parent complained and the management cancelled the trip.
Well, it may be a blessing in disguise, as we were able to work in Singapore soil in Bishan park ( we did not have to rush as much and we could collect data over a long period of time.) I paired up with Wun Yen and had a tiring and great time and all turned out well.

Teaching life has been not bad so far. Went back to my alma mater, and I had a good time last year due to a much lighter workload as I was new and 'fresh'.

Met some teachers who were teaching when I was studying there, and was kind of disappointed to find out that all my teachers had already left. However, my 'new' colleagues were great, and I really enjoyed my second half of 2014 with them.

It's the start of a new year in 2015, and I got into a level which I didn't expect (too young) and an additional subject which I'm not too comfortable in teaching. I also got long days on Mondays and Fridays; I only have one period to rest on Monday, while I only have the last two periods to rest on Friday. Not to mention - long weekends will take up much precious time. *sigh*

Well, I guess I have the rest of the week to compensate for that (?). Will see how it goes, maybe I'll speak to the time - table IC and swap some periods in the other days. I don't like the idea of missing lessons due to holidays. If the classes can spread out over the week, it would be great for me (not so tiring) and the kids (don't think they can stand seeing me from 8.30 to 1pm, recess included), and I will not need to rush mu lessons due to holidays which will 'eat' into Mondays and Fridays. 

Yup. Will update again about how it goes.

No comments: