Pie Jesu.
This is one of my favorite choir pieces...
Not that I've sung it,
But this song really made me cry when I heard it for the first time many years ago...
Then recently,
I bought this CD recording of the recording of Les Choristes Live,
Heard Jean Baptiste singing it.
Literally took my breath away...
I've put the video from you-tube below,
So watch it if you want...
Anyway,
Dunno why,
Had the sudden urge to search for the translated lyrics,
And I found another amazing boy singing.
Guess who??
IT'S OLIVER PUTLAND from Angel Voices!!
My goodness...
This one literally sent chills down my spine.
Yupyup.
Video below:
There is a man who didn't sing it the traditional choral way.
Instead, he played his guitar and sang it in an 'acoustic' version.
He dedicated it to the people who died in the Iraq War.
It's super nice too.
And it's easy listening too.
I've embedded the video from youtube below:
No comments:
Post a Comment