=http://daisydexterdobbs.blogspot.com/=
Relieving Boredom with Laughter and Silliness
Last week while I was wheezing, sneezing, coughing and generally feeling sorry for my poor sick self, I came upon something titled Things to do to Relieve a Boring Day in a couple of my chat groups and found myself laughing out loud.
Most of the things on this list are silly, inane, ridiculous and some are just plain stupid. That’s probably why they make me laugh. I had great fun picturing myself in the various scenarios because I’m just the kind of quirky, half-crazed nut who would actually do some of these things--just to get a laugh.
A good bout of laughter always makes me feel better. I hope reading this funny list and imagining yourself actually doing these dopey things--and the response you’d get from those around you--brings a spot of laughter to your day, too.
Things to do to Relieve a Boring Day
1. At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "In."
5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For Smuggling Diamonds"
7. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
8. Don't use any punctuation
9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
10. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify that your drive-through order is "To go."
12. Sing along at the opera.
13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
16. Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, RockBottom.
17. When the money comes out the ATM, scream "I won! I won!"
18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives, they're loose!!"
19. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we’re going to have to let one of you go."
No comments:
Post a Comment