Gonna start work.
A little (actually, quite) unwilling. Haha.
Was really tired on Friday, so I took a pill in order for me to go into a deep sleep without waking up throughout the night.
Who knew, I was so tired that I slept for 14 hours straight!! Guess that Chelsia was right - I don't get proper rest by breaking up sleep and interrupted sleep is bad. But what can I do? I still need to plan for lessons tomorrow... or the day after. Or the day after that. And I can't help waking up in the middle of the night and being not able to sleep... :(
Anyway, the week went by pretty okay. Got to meet and conduct lessons with the kids. Feedback was okay and needs quite abit of improvement though. Will do my best.
The end of Friday was kind of horrible though. Met my I/C and did some stuff for her from 1.45 to almost 3pm, then started on my own marking. Had to mark work for a class from mid-Feb to end Feb. What is worse is that the work is done by a relief, and is not so well done. Blank pages, missing answers, wrong spelling... Had a headache and hard time marking it. Had to write the correct spellings and answers for correction and my hand was really cramped after marking. Urrgh. Stayed till 6.45pm just to finish the work. (I didn't want to do marking at home.)
Was so drained and tired, so decided to sleep the night away. Thinking back now, it was really a stupid thing thing to do.
Woke up at almost noon on Saturday. Still feeling groggy for some reason, probably because I overslept.
Was surprised that Ibrahim SMS -ed me to ask if there was NYP band. Told him the time, he said he would confirm again. Was late for band, found out that Ibrahim wasn't there. SMS-ed to disturb him, but he said that he was coming! OMG, he was still at KATIB at 4.30pm!! (Band prac starts at 3pm.)
I was like, okay.... Peiyi and I were guessing half-jokingly that he would come during the break. In the end, he reached at almost 4.50pm, and laoshi gave us a break at 5pm. LOL
Band practice was kind of tiring. Realized that Saigon, Chess, El Camino and Czardars were kind of like "permanent" pieces which we would play EVERY WEEK. (No, I'm not joking!!) Then, there were other pieces which the comm would choose and sight-read. Madness, I tell you. Was helping with the high parts for the last 2 weeks, and the area around my lips would always feel numb for at least half an hour after practice.
Went down for practice at Kimseng.with Ibrahim and Karen after NYP. Ate at Macs before going for practice.
Finally managed to give Ibrahim the keychain which I got the shifu to do at Taiwan! Alamak, I tell you, this fella is so busy with the Malay weddings in weekends, it's really hard to catch booked he is going down for prac. But good to know that he's enjoying his work. It's good to see him after so long, but feeling a little guilty for asking him to go down for practice when it's his only off day. But he says that it's okay and he's enjoying himself, so it's probably okay...?
Band practice at Kimseng was fun. The mood was light and comfortable, occasional jokes here and there. Then there was the dirty joke made by the 3 tikopeks, Lawrence, Ibrahim and George. Could hear them laughing away as we played the piece. -.-lll
JINX! For some reason, The uncles, Lawrence, George and James played two bars earlier at different times for the Handel piece. Hahaha.
Went for supper at Subway @ Marina Square. I didn't want to eat initially, but bought a drink and shared half a Turkey wrap with Karen. Talked about upcoming concerts of other bands, shared and talked about work and stuff. Went home earlier at 11.15pm. Wanted to work initially, but ended up watching the Aston Villa vs Blackburn live soccer match with dad till 1am before turning in.
Woke up at 9 today, changed bed sheets, bought and ate breakfast with my family, swept the floor. Now most prob gonna bathe and start my work.
A little (actually, quite) unwilling. Haha.
Was really tired on Friday, so I took a pill in order for me to go into a deep sleep without waking up throughout the night.
Who knew, I was so tired that I slept for 14 hours straight!! Guess that Chelsia was right - I don't get proper rest by breaking up sleep and interrupted sleep is bad. But what can I do? I still need to plan for lessons tomorrow... or the day after. Or the day after that. And I can't help waking up in the middle of the night and being not able to sleep... :(
Anyway, the week went by pretty okay. Got to meet and conduct lessons with the kids. Feedback was okay and needs quite abit of improvement though. Will do my best.
The end of Friday was kind of horrible though. Met my I/C and did some stuff for her from 1.45 to almost 3pm, then started on my own marking. Had to mark work for a class from mid-Feb to end Feb. What is worse is that the work is done by a relief, and is not so well done. Blank pages, missing answers, wrong spelling... Had a headache and hard time marking it. Had to write the correct spellings and answers for correction and my hand was really cramped after marking. Urrgh. Stayed till 6.45pm just to finish the work. (I didn't want to do marking at home.)
Was so drained and tired, so decided to sleep the night away. Thinking back now, it was really a stupid thing thing to do.
Woke up at almost noon on Saturday. Still feeling groggy for some reason, probably because I overslept.
Was surprised that Ibrahim SMS -ed me to ask if there was NYP band. Told him the time, he said he would confirm again. Was late for band, found out that Ibrahim wasn't there. SMS-ed to disturb him, but he said that he was coming! OMG, he was still at KATIB at 4.30pm!! (Band prac starts at 3pm.)
I was like, okay.... Peiyi and I were guessing half-jokingly that he would come during the break. In the end, he reached at almost 4.50pm, and laoshi gave us a break at 5pm. LOL
Band practice was kind of tiring. Realized that Saigon, Chess, El Camino and Czardars were kind of like "permanent" pieces which we would play EVERY WEEK. (No, I'm not joking!!) Then, there were other pieces which the comm would choose and sight-read. Madness, I tell you. Was helping with the high parts for the last 2 weeks, and the area around my lips would always feel numb for at least half an hour after practice.
Went down for practice at Kimseng.with Ibrahim and Karen after NYP. Ate at Macs before going for practice.
Finally managed to give Ibrahim the keychain which I got the shifu to do at Taiwan! Alamak, I tell you, this fella is so busy with the Malay weddings in weekends, it's really hard to catch booked he is going down for prac. But good to know that he's enjoying his work. It's good to see him after so long, but feeling a little guilty for asking him to go down for practice when it's his only off day. But he says that it's okay and he's enjoying himself, so it's probably okay...?
Band practice at Kimseng was fun. The mood was light and comfortable, occasional jokes here and there. Then there was the dirty joke made by the 3 tikopeks, Lawrence, Ibrahim and George. Could hear them laughing away as we played the piece. -.-lll
JINX! For some reason, The uncles, Lawrence, George and James played two bars earlier at different times for the Handel piece. Hahaha.
Went for supper at Subway @ Marina Square. I didn't want to eat initially, but bought a drink and shared half a Turkey wrap with Karen. Talked about upcoming concerts of other bands, shared and talked about work and stuff. Went home earlier at 11.15pm. Wanted to work initially, but ended up watching the Aston Villa vs Blackburn live soccer match with dad till 1am before turning in.
Woke up at 9 today, changed bed sheets, bought and ate breakfast with my family, swept the floor. Now most prob gonna bathe and start my work.
posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment