Hello people...
Woohoo.
This week is a 'holiday week’ for me....
Woots.
I enjoyed the little break from work,
Though I think I could have spent it better.
Haha.
Had Kimseng prac last saturday...
Was pretty fun, the pieces and everything.
Hong Sheng didn't go down that day as he was involved in the SAF Band's parade @ the Istana.
Cool!
Law Fatt brought a female friend down that day.
She claims that she haven't touched her instrument for 3 years...
Woo...
If it's true, then she must be quite a good player last time!
Her sightreading's pretty okay,
And her tone doesn't sound like a comeback from a long break!
Had fun playing with her. :)
Guess what?
ALDWYN played the eupho!!
Even till now, when I see him,
I wanna go:
"AH BOY AHHHHHHHH"
HAHAHAHAHA.
My goodness.
Good la, good la.
Can switch and adapt so fast. :)
Gave him the eupho I was using... the 4 valved Besson.
No matter how he tried,
He just could not blast.
Hahaha.
The instrument is just like that lor!
Why was he playing eupho?
I can't go for the Japan trip,
So they got him to go... But he plays the eupho.
Hey, he's quite good!!
But I felt abit sad, cos he really is a good trombonist...
But he didn't seem to mind,
So I think it's alright la...
And it's good to have company again!
Ate and celebrated Xiumei's birthday @ KFC.
Went home with Yuan and Bianc.
:)
==Sunday==
Lawrence,
Amy + Alicia,
Xiumei,
Boon,
Charlie,
Elisse and I went to 'visit' Sonny.
Supposed to meet at 11A.M. @ AMK,
In the end,
Charlie and I were waiting for the others....
Stupid, both of us took taxi somemore...
Hai.
Waste money.
By the time everyone came,
It was already 11.40A.M.
=.=
Took the bus to the Mandai Crementorium Hall,
Visited Sonny.
Left at about 1+ 2P.M., cos Elisse is going for a running event and Charlie had a class to teach in AMK later on.
Yup.
Went to city hall and met up with Lawrence's niece,
Had lunch together @ Raffles City Shopping Center.
I had Jap food there,
It is VERY VERY VERY YUMMY!
The price is pretty reasonable too(for Jap food).
:)
Went to walk walk,
Went to Suntec 1st.
Just simply walked around,
Bought some tapes and stuff for the kids
Then there was this Oral/ Dental Healthcare Week event going on,
Lawrence and Amy decided to sign up for Alicia to check her teeth.
Xiumei and I went to toilet and withdraw money,
Then went up...
Played and examined some booths while waiting for Alicia to be done....
Then we went to Marina Square after that.
Saw Yuan,
Simon,
Ian and the bassoon girl I got to know from the 'crabbing' session!!
Hehehehehe.
Talked to them briefly before they left with Simon for the Philwinds concert @ the Esplanade nearby.
(I forgot that it was on that day..... =X
Speaking of forgetting, I realized that I haven't blogged about the crabbing session either...
Whoops.)
There was a mind games event there,
And Lawrence,
Amy,
Xiumei,
Lawrence's niece and I played Scrabble at a booth there.
Had loads of fun,
But was damn tiring for the brain.
It helped that Alicia was sleeping,
Cos Amy could relax and play with us too.
Was feeling a bit unfocused after the 2 or 3 rounds of scrabble.
Then Lawrence and others went to Crocs to buy accessories.
I'm not a fan of Crocs,
So was kinda bleagh there...
Just sat down and stoned throughout....
Then went to walk around before eating dinner @ the foodcourt.
Was kinda full,
But ordered kway chap to eat anyway.
(It's not very good...)
Was really tired after the dinner....
Was really trying my best to keep myself awake.
I waited for Yuan and Ian they all to go home after the concert.
Shouldn't have told the others,
Cos I knew that they were waiting together with me...
And they had to work the next day too.
But telling them to go home 1st sounds rude....
So I was practically spamming Yuan's and Ian's phone non-stop.
=X
Met up with them in the end,
But didn't exactly go home together as they wanted to eat.
I don't mind having another drink or two,
But it was already almost 11P.M. when we were on the train....
So I just went back myself instead.
The feeling is very kns.
BUT!!
I was at my lift lobby when I saw Chris.
I almost cried in joy.
He claimed that he just came and was about to call me...
Passed me Xiang's present money,
Then told me to accompany him to his car and sit in...
Thought he wanted to go to the prata place,
Told him I can't go cos it's almost midnight...
He laughed and guess what??
He bought me a large Black Forest ice-blend from Coffee Bean!!!!
I AM SO HAPPY CAN???
Gave him a BIGGGGGGGG hug.
I then stayed in his car and yakked till 12.15A.M. before I went up home.
Hahaha.
=)
==Monday==
I was practically doing nothing but playing with Qiqi.
Mom went to her class later,
So I just took charge of her later on.
==Tuesday==
Looked after & played with Qiqi,
Managed to start and finish 'Deception Point' by Dan Brown.
(Bought 3 years ago, but never got around reading it)
==Wednesday==
Went for a course from 8.30A.M. to about 12.30P.M.
Went to Bedok central with Syahirah,
Bought some desserts back home for mom and dad (and me).
3 Caramel egg custard (YUMMY!)
2 Pomelo-Mango sago (Woohoo!)
1 Almond Paste (for Dad)
1 Sesame Paste (for Mom)
Was actually thining of buying the otah there,
But I forgot that the stall only opens after 5P.M....
Arrgh.
Saw the dessert stall just nearby,
I remembered that the desserts there are good,
So just bought back some...
It's really difficult to keep them in place in the plastic bag...
By the time I reached home,
Some of the pomelo sago actually spilled out though it was sealed in plastic containers...
=P
Fed Qiqi some pomelo,
Played with her,
Took a loooooooooong nap,
Fed Qiqi,
Played with her till night time.
==Thursday==
Went out with Mom,
Dad,
Yiping,
Qiqi to Tampines Mall.
Had breakfast at KFC.
Fed Qi the porridge and the biscuit!
Her appitite was really good,
She actually ate 2/3 of the porridge and the whole biscuit!!!
However,
Poor Qi was frightened by quite a number of things that day...
1) Mannequins
The mannequins she was so frightened of are those that we usually see in the clothes section of the department stores (aka the models)… She’ll just look at their faces and pat her chest, indicating that she’s scared. (Probably due to their expressionless faces.) She even more scared of those without heads – she would stare at them with her eyes wide open and her body will go all stiff… Poor thing. What makes the whole thing worse is that my father would purposely bring her to see them… I got quite irritated and scolded him once or twice, but he just didn’t care. I just ignored him and carried Qi as often as possible.
2) Nursing Room
The nursing room is great. Hot and cold water to refill and disinfect the bottles, bed and sofas to put your things/sit and change the child’s nappies/diapers, a sink with SOAP(!) to wash your hands… The only problem was that the beds (for the child to lie on while changing nappies) look almost exactly like the ones in the clinics where children have their injections… The little one was okay when we entered, but the moment when she sees the bed, she kept shaking her head and refused to let us put her down. She just clung onto my shirt and refused to let go, no matter how I tried to distract her. Goodness… She cried and clung onto me all the way till we got out from the toilet area and I had to calm her down for a minute or two even after we were out.
3) Stitch
I don’t why; the cartoon character Stitch (as in the Stitch from Lilo and Stitch) is so popular… And I also don’t know why Qi can be so terrified of the character… But it is good in a way as mom and I use it to control her when she becomes naughty. Anyway, I was standing outside this store whereby they sold stationery and toys while mom and my sister were inside the shop looking at the items… Then after a while, I realized that she is clinging to me and not making any noise or big movements. (She can be really active when she’s bored… Looking here and there, wriggling, pointing at things that interest her, etc.) She was perfectly good, lying on my shoulder and looking up only once in awhile… I thought that she was asleep or sleepy, till I checked on her and found her staring at the Stitch plush toy on display right below her. Goodness, for that moment, I didn’t know if I should pity her or feel thankful… Anyway, I felt bad (she had been scared quite a bit by my father earlier in the day…) and walked somewhere else with her… After awhile, she was back to herself.
4) Escalator
I realized this only when my dad was carrying her on the escalator from the 3rd floor down. I saw her clinging onto my dad’s shirt and staring right down at the 1st floor. And when we walked out of the revolving belt, she would bury her head at my dad’s shoulders. I told my dad to use the lift after that.
These are the things that really scared her on that day. I could see that it really had an impact on her, because she kept waking up crying or whining during her nap that day… I had to carry her out of the cradle and calm her down quite a number of times, and it really is tiring. She didn’t really eat much after her nap too… She just clung onto me the rest of the day and refused to let my dad or sister carry her.
==Friday==
I wasn’t feeling too well, and spent most of the day sleeping/resting/reading a book on my bed.
==Saturday==
Went to shop with mom and her friend in the morning. Bought hell loads of things – A bracelet with large glass beads ($25 – heart pain), 2 tops from M&S, a GuyL.coin purse (I felt that the price is really over the top even after the discount, but mom went to buy it for me anyway… Goodness), a mattress for my dad and a present for my aunt. Spent a total of $319!!! MY GOODNESS. Record high!!!! Don’t say anymore…. Heart pain.
Went to NYP alumni after that. Peiyi came!!!xD
Sight-read quite a few difficult pieces. Hong Sheng would probably be disappointed cos he wanted to play Invictus. We sight-read it that day, and by the ‘music’ we made, don’t think that it would be chosen… But maybe it was due to the lack of horns and saxes… The piece is really REALLY challenging!!! Siao… The running notes and high notes… There were weird pieces too, like Xian (exactly how I felt when I play it) and March of the Crabs (why crabs??).
Practice ended, went to my aunt’s for a family gathering. Had western fare for dinner… I felt that it wasn’t that good though… e.Blackboard can beat it any day and time… Kept eating the char siew buns from dbun. Haha. Celebrated my aunt and cousin’s birthday. My cousin, Alvin, baked a cake with his girlfriend which tasted great!
I gave my aunt the present that I bought… Just hope she likes it… It just seems so dull in comparison with the gemstone necklace that the other aunts bought for her. *sigh*
Had a great time chatting and catching up with my aunts, as well as playing the PSP with my birthday cousin. My family and I only went home after 12 midnight. xD
==Sunday==
Woohoo!
Finally it’s today… Hahaha.
Went on a Singapore tour package today.
Mom signed my family up for it at the RC and paid for it,
So I just went lo.
Saw a current workplace colleague there!!
We were so surprised to see one another.
Went to a Peranakan museum…
Woohoo!
Learnt many things about the Peranakan culture.
The things that they use, from common household items like cutlery to their jewellery are so pretty and elaborated!
Goodness…
They’re all gifted craftsmen and craftswomen…
Took quite a few pictures.
:)
Went to take the ducktours after that…
There was a jam to Suntec because of the Comex IT Fair...
I felt that the Ducktour is pretty alright…
Interesting, but a little boring though.
Maybe it’s because we got caught in the jam,
And our moods were kinda down…
Due to some technical faults,
A group had to go up late, and we were all delayed.
To help us pass time, the tour guide gave us 45 minutes to walk around Suntec.
Dad wanted to see the Fountain of Wealth,
So we just went there and took a look.
The fountain seemed boring from afar,
But from the bottom, it looked kind of cool and majestic!
I’m serious!
Go and take a look bottom up with the water coming down and you’ll know what I mean.
:)
We also stopped by the Koi area nearby.
Bought some great and yummy pretzels from Auntie Anne’s on our way back.
Haven’t eaten them for ages, and they still taste as good as before.
x)
Went to a Peranakan Restaurant after that. Woohoo!
Loved their chicken curry and soup!!
SEDAAAAAAAPPP!
(The rest of the dishes are not too bad too!)
Had a great meal, then took the coach back to Ubi.
Though her friend was sick and couldn’t come,
I could tell that Mom enjoyed herself a lot.
She even tipped the guide!
It’s very tiring, especially when the next day is a working day…
But I’m kinda glad I went.
Hai….
Tomorrow is working day…
Tomorrow is the start of a new term, and it will not be as easy as before….
PIAH!! CHIOOONG AH!!
I must do my best and chioong!
Haha.
Must jiayou!!
No comments:
Post a Comment